[Mediawiki-l] .htacces redirect to the wiki

poster poster at richpoints.com
Wed Nov 10 21:47:51 UTC 2004

Hi,
I'm trying to add a redirect from somedomain/wiki/ to somedomain/wiki/index.php/Main_Page .  I've tried doing this by adding a line to my .htaccess file in my root directory but it doesn't work.  I get an error message that says

"Redirection limit for this URL exceeded.  Unable to load the requested page"

How can I make this work?

And another redirect question

After I finish editing a page I get directed to a page that has nothing but a hyperlink to the page I just edited.  Is there a way to bypass this behavior?

Thanks

Rich Points