[Mediawiki-l] Find the Select SQL for action=view

Andrew Reberry wiki at hdtvpub.com
Mon Nov 8 23:48:10 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I'm trying to modify Mediawiki to meet our needs, but I find myself stuck
trying to find the exact SQL statement I'm looking to modify.  Say I have a
page view that is looking at the article "Iteration"

URL would be: site.com/index.php?title=Iteration

Thus $wgRequest becomes "view".  But which SQL statement (and where) is the
one that pulls the exact article from the database?  I've tried modifying
every SQL statement I can find in the software that might be a match, but
none of them has provided me with the results I desire.  I'm assuming it's
one of the SELECT statements that has something along the lines of "WHERE
cur_title = '{$t}', but I sure can't find it.

Thanks for any pointers.

Andrew