[Mediawiki-l] always being redirected to localhost

Terry Jones tc.jones at jones.tc
Mon Nov 8 17:47:56 UTC 2004

| well, the thing is, I don't even know why it won't work... so I don't
| know what rule I should add... the rule I have now is something like:
|
| iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp -d $IP --dport 8080 -j
| DNAT --to 192.168.1.10:80
|
| iptables -A FORWARD -i eth1 -o eth1 -p tcp -d 192.168.1.10 --dport 80
| -j ACCEPT
|
| where $IP is the ip of the box connected to the internet, and
| 192.168.1.10 is where the wiki is located.

I'm not sure if I understand everything you're trying to do, but:

 - Why don't the internal machines simply go straight to 192.168.1.10?

 - If you don't want that, and you want to redirect the internal
   traffic, the above rules look wrong. The first rule applies to
   packets arriving at your gateway machine on eth0. The second
   applies to packets arriving AND leaving on eth1. So on the face of
   it, these two rules have nothing to do with each other.

If you want to send me mail offline, I may be able to help further.
Please send more info (I only just re-joined this list, so I missed
your original posting), including which interface is the internal and
which is the external.

Terry