[Mediawiki-l] going for 1.4

Ashar Voultoiz hashar at altern.org
Sat Nov 6 14:12:18 UTC 2004

Hello,

Mail is probably mostly intended for brion and tim as well as other
developers.

It looks like our .plan is to get 1.4 by the end of the year. I believe
we should call for a "feature freeze" soon and launch the beta at the
beginning of december.

Given that most dev will probably be out during the last weeks of
december that will let us until ~ december 20th to fix the most
important bugs. Then in January we can work toward the release candidate
/ 1.4.0.

There is two huge patch as far as I know:

  - Enotif : bring email notification in MediaWiki
  _ Database schema change.

Enotif can probably be commited by the end of november and be shipped in
the first 1.4 beta. Database schema changes is probably too much work
yet (note: I didn't have a look at SCHEMA branche).

In conclusion:

November:
  * add Enotif
  * try to update languages files

December:
  * launch beta
  * fix major bugs reported
  * happy xmas

January:
  * Release candidate (1.4.0)

Then we can work on having plugins and schema changes.

--
Ashar Voultoiz - WP++++
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Hashar