[Mediawiki-l] Regarding delay

N. Mourtos nmourtos at rogers.com
Tue Nov 2 15:37:18 UTC 2004

Hello,
   If this is where Wiki administrators can ask general questions about their installation please read on. Otherwise ignore this message (sorry).

    I have just installed mediawiki 1.3.7 on a linux box  (debian) and installation seemed to go smoothly and correctly. The only problem I have is, when entering any link ( even index page) there is a 5 sec delay before anything appears. At first I thought it was something wrong with mysql user or database itself, but I can create an account and everything seems fine except the delay. I have tried reading all the FAQ and googled my problem, yet without any results. Is this a common problem or is there a unique error I might have somewhere?

    I am not sure if it is a problem with mysql or PHP4, but before this instalation I had a site engine that was also using php4 parsing which worked correctly and a phpbb forum that used both.

The site it is currently residing in is www.nerdinside.net.

Thanks in advance.