[Mediawiki-l] Disabling EditSection

Thomas Rother t.rother at netzwissen.de
Tue Nov 2 13:40:01 UTC 2004

Hi,
I just asked this on IRC, but I got no real solution yet:
I want to disable the display of the EditSection links on mediawiki
pages which are shown to normal (= not authenticated) readers. The
sectional links should only be visible if a user is signed in.

I can not find such a variable setting in DefaultSettings.php (something
like "wgEditSection = false"), from where it could be put into the
LocalSettings.php. The recommendation from IRC was to hack the
Parser.php code, but: Then I would disable it for any and all users,
which goes far beyond my intension.

Any idea?

Thanks, Thommie

THOMAS M. ROTHER  * n e t z w i s s e n . d e *  D-73728 Esslingen
   F.R. Germany, European Union  *  mailto:t.rother at netzwissen.de
http://www.netzwissen.de  *  GPG Key from http://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
   Fingerprint B208 E204 4249 4635 19B9 B691 3E73 C8B9 1229 DE4C