[Mediawiki-l] Re: Where should I seek help?

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Mon Nov 1 15:18:42 UTC 2004

On Nov 1, 2004, at 7:13 AM, Richard Karpinski wrote:
> [pear_error: message="Template function
> 'tpl_0_7_0_d73aca9d73b2179aa0acca726fd5ead0' not found (template
> source : /home/groups/h/hu/humane/htdocs/di/templates/xhtml_slim.pt"
> code=0 mode=return level=notice prefix="" info=""]

This means the page template didn't compile correctly, or that the
compiled template file couldn't be loaded up correctly.

Unfortunately I can't be more specific than that since I don't know
what causes it, and have never seen it on any machine I've run (though
similar symptoms do get reported). Do you run this server yourself, or
are you on a shared server with limited control? What operating system
does it run? What version of PHP? Do you know if it's using a PHP
accelerator module (eg Zend Optimizer, Turck MMCache, APC, etc)? Are
you running with PHP's safe mode on? Is the server frequently used, or
lightly? Is your wiki heavily used, or lightly? Can you check for the
existence of a file named eg
tpl_0_7_0_d73aca9d73b2179aa0acca726fd5ead0.php, most likely in /tmp?
What does it look like inside? Is it empty, or broken, or a bunch of
PHP and HTML bits? Are files in the /tmp dir routinely emptied? Is
there a per-user quota on the filesystem? Are there any other error
messages that show up at the time?

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)