[Mediawiki-l] Arabic mediawiki doesn't display arabic messages

Mohammad salemoh at fastmail.fm
Sun May 16 04:32:31 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I'm trying to start an arabic wiki site (similar to the arabic Wikipedia)
but when I install Mediawiki (1.2.5) and switch to the arabic language
everything goes right-to-left but most of the messages (Link names, page
titles, ...) stay in english. I'm not that PHP expert so I couldn't debug
it.

LocalSettings.php contains the below two variables

$wgUseDatabaseMessages = false;
$wgLanguageCode = "ar";

It is an in-place installation.

Thanks in advance,
MO

The only real thing in life is death, are you ready for it.

--
  Mohammad
  salemoh at fastmail.fm

                          wherever you are