[Mediawiki-l] dealing with wiki spam

Nancy McGough nm-reverse-spam-filter at ii.deflexion.com
Wed May 5 12:19:28 UTC 2004

I have not yet set up a MediaWiki wiki, but I'm wondering how
people are dealing with wiki spam. I just read the following in
a POPFile discussion about the POPFile wiki:

--- begin quote ---
If you enter a URL that is for an off-site link in the Wiki it
must be approved by me. If it is not then the link will be
replaced with the text:

  You are not authorized to add this URL

and the URL will not be displayed.
--- end quote ---

You can read the full discussion here:

<http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1066729&forum_id=213099>

I'm thinking that I would like to have the option to do this on
the upcoming Infinite Ink wiki. Does MediaWiki support anything
like this or are there any plans for something like this?

Thanks you,
Nancy
Infinite Ink
www.ii.com