[Mediawiki-l] Error: Invalid Title?

Dan Carlson minutiaeman at st-minutiae.com
Sat Mar 27 21:17:26 UTC 2004

On Mar 26, 2004, at 4:30 PM, Dan Carlson wrote:

> After upgrading my wiki to from 1.1 to 1.2 this morning, I've found
> that any attempt to view or edit a page that has an apostrophe in the
> title will return an error page.  I find this extremely annoying --
> even crippling -- because a significant number of articles on my site
> have (or will need) apostrophes in their titles.
>
> Does this have anything to do with the fact that I switched the wiki
> from ISO-Latin to UTF-8 when I upgraded?  Please tell me there's some
> way to get back the functionality!

I've just located the problem, at least in the functional sense:

http://memoryalpha.st-minutiae.com/en/index.php/Memory_Alpha:
How_to_edit_an_article_so_long_that_you_can%27t_edit
http://memoryalpha.st-minutiae.com/en/index.php?title=Memory_Alpha:
How_to_edit_an_article_so_long_that_you_can%27t_edit

The first URL, where the PHP variable is compressed out, does not work,
while the traditional style with "title=" actually DOES work.
Something's wrong with the URL parser, it appears.

Hope this helps!

Dan Carlson