[Mediawiki-l] install disk space

Luke Townsley town1 at tricom.net
Fri Mar 5 04:26:56 UTC 2004

What is the minimum disk space requirement to install and run MediaWiki? I attempted to install it on a VDS Linux/Apache server hosted by Jumpline with 500mb of space and at install, it returned an error message and it also seems to have used roughly 1500mb mainly in a tmp (500mb) file and in a /proc/kcore (1,000mb) file before giving up. I deleted the tmp which seemed to have been created by the file manager, but I have no idea what to do with the /proc/kcore file.