[Mediawiki-l] <=32K File Size Recommendation

AlphabetDP at aol.com AlphabetDP at aol.com
Mon Jun 21 20:43:03 UTC 2004

Wiki version: 1.3beta2

We're building our wiki enthusiastically and have come across the warning
that a file should not exceed 32K because some browsers may not be able to edit
them.

So far, the volunteer who has been loading the large files has not had a
problem editing these larger files, but was concerned with the warning.

Is the only reason for the limiting of file size due to the editing or is
there another issue we should be concerned with -- such as storage or search
performance?

Thanks,

Debi