[Mediawiki-l] Same Sections On Each Page - Enforcing/Supporting

michael at mahemoff.com michael at mahemoff.com
Mon Jun 21 11:54:14 UTC 2004

Hello Everyone,

    I'm setting up a wiki where I need the same section headings to appear
in every entry - ie a fixed page format. Therefore, it should ideally
do the following:

    - When a user creates a new entry, the default page should contain the
required section headings. (As opposed to being empty, which is the
usual situation).
    - When anyone submits a page, the entry should only be updated if the
sections are retained.

    I can't find anything about this sort of functionality in the
documentation or mailing list archives. Is it possible to do this, or
is there any work planned in this direction?

    Thanks,
    Michael