[Mediawiki-l] Re: Special Menu on Every Page

Ira Abramov nospam-MediaWiki-l-20040612 at ira.abramov.org
Mon Jun 21 03:58:55 UTC 2004

Quoting Rowan Collins [IMSoP], from the post of Sun, 20 Jun:

> Just a quick note: "Wikipedia" is actually a trademark of the Wikimedia
> Foundation, so it's best not to get into the habit of referring to
> something as "a Wikipedia" if it isn't part of wikipedia.org. The generic
> term is simply "a wiki" or "a WikiWiki".

Then I think it would be really help not to have "Wikipedia" strings
hard-wired into some of the skins (like I found in cologneblue, at least
in the Hebrew version I'm using), and maybe conider changing the
fromwikipedia page and its ilk to a generic names like fromwikiname or
frommediawikiname.

but most importantly, this deserves to be listed in the installation
guide :-)

Cheers,
Ira.

--