[Mediawiki-l] Re: Is there any way of combining pages dynamically

Ashar Voultoiz thoane at altern.org
Fri Jun 18 08:52:58 UTC 2004

Arne Meyer Hansen wrote:
> Situation:
> I have a manual where each chapter has its' own page/article. The size of
> it makes it difficult to combine it all into one page/article.
>
> Problem:
> I wish at time to be able to view the entire manual, e.g. for printing
> purposes.
>
> Question:
> Is there any way of combining pages dynamically, so that I e.g. can set up
> a metapage of sorts that imports the content of each of the manual's pages
> dynamically?
>
> Any and all help will be appreciated :-)
>
> With regards,
> Arne Meyer Vedø-Hansen

Hello,

There is no way to do it easily actually. You can easier print each page
or export every pages through the Special:Export page and then copy and
paste each article in one page.

The german wikipedia is producing PDF files containing different pages:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiReader

I am not sure if they have an automatic tool for this or if it's 100%
handed manually.

--
Ashar Voultoiz