[Mediawiki-l] Using the GNU FDL

Dan McCann info at realpixel.com
Fri Jun 11 00:54:00 UTC 2004

Pardon me for asking this question, as I'm sure it's been asked repeatedly,
but it's difficult to search these archives, and I haven't been able to find
the answer on the Wikimedia web site.  I am thinking about using Wikimedia
software for a non-profit corporation I am a part of.  One of our main
concerns is the GNU FDL.  Are we required, by virtue of using the Wikimedia
software, to license our content using the GNU FDL?  Can we protect our
content from unauthorized distribution or modification with our own
copyright notice and use statement, rather than using the GNU FDL?

Thanks
Dan McCann