[Mediawiki-l] Search and Special:All_pages problems

Tobin Richard tjrichard at optusnet.com.au
Thu Jun 10 14:18:03 UTC 2004

On 10/06/2004, at 11:34 PM, Matias Pelenur wrote:

> Perhaps a useful symptom is that when I search for anything, the search
> page says 'Search results: For query ""'; notice that they "for query"
> text has nothing. Also, even if I check the checkboxes for other
> namespaces, they appear unchecked when I re-do the search. I can see
> all
> the fields in the GET request so I'm not sure what's happening.

The search problem is probably caused by broken URL rewriting if you
type "teststring" into a search box on you site you get the URL
http://seattlewiki.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=teststring&go=Go but
if you change the ? to a & you get
http://seattlewiki.org/wiki/Special:Search&search=teststring&go=Go
which works as expected. I suspect you a rewriting /wiki/$1 to
wiki.phtml?title=$1 if you do you'll get two ?s in the URL and it wont
work.

Special:Allpages on your site seems to be working for me.

Tobin.