[Mediawiki-l] Problem installing the MediaWiki 1.3.0beta2

Stephen Yeago stephen at yeago.net
Mon Jun 7 21:34:03 UTC 2004

Heya all, everything appeared to go well on the web-install, however no
LocalSettings.php was created in /config.

So I thought I'd reload the page, on the thought that I had interrupted
it (although I didn't notice the page still (loading).

At any rate, this is what I got:

   * PHP 4.3.6 ok
   * PHP server API is cgi; using ugly URLs (index.php?title=Page_Title)
   * Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
   * Found GD graphics library built-in, image thumbnailing will be
     enabled if you enable uploads.
   * Installation directory: /homepages/22/d94944393/htdocs/yeago.net/wiki
   * Script URI path: /wiki
   * MySQL error 1045: Access denied for user:
     'root at infong223.kundenserver.de' (Using password: NO)
   * Trying regular user... ok.
   * Connected to database... 4.0.17-standard-log; enabling MySQL 4
     enhancements
   * Database db95048066 exists
   * There are already MediaWiki tables in this database. Checking if
     updates are needed...

Updating ipblocks table... Query "ALTER TABLE ipblocks ADD ipb_auto
tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0', ADD ipb_id int(8) NOT NULL
auto_increment, ADD PRIMARY KEY (ipb_id)" failed with error code "Table
'db95048066.ipblocks' doesn't exist".

So, there may be two problems:

1) LocalSettings.php not being created
2) ipblocks table not being created