[Mediawiki-l] Redirects and such

P. Kerim friedman kerim.mail at oxus.net
Fri Jul 30 22:39:15 UTC 2004

I need to followup as things didn't work as expected. In the process I
figured out two things:

(1) The reason the e-mailed text didn't work is it read as such:

RewriteRule ^/(.*) /index.php/$1 [L]

The actual rule used should be this:

RewriteRule ^(.*) /index.php/$1 [L]

Without the slash.

(2) The settings from LocalAccess PHP need to be as listed here:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Rewrite_rules

Not as listed in the Talk page. Mine read as follows now:

$wgSitename         = "KerimWiki";
$wgServer           = "http://wiki.oxus.net";
$wgScriptPath	    = "";
$wgScript           = "$wgScriptPath";
$wgRedirectScript   = "/redirect.php";

## If using PHP as a CGI module, use the ugly URLs
$wgArticlePath      = "/$1";
# $wgArticlePath      = "$wgScript?title=$1";

$wgStylePath        = "/stylesheets";
$wgStyleDirectory   = "$IP/stylesheets";
$wgLogo             = "$wgStylePath/images/wiki.png";

$wgUploadPath       = "/images";
$wgUploadDirectory  = "$IP/images";

Things seem to be working OK now... Although I still don't have the
domain redirection set up.

Cheers,

kerim