[Mediawiki-l] Copying all wiki pages

P. Kerim friedman kerim.mail at oxus.net
Fri Jul 30 13:24:31 UTC 2004

I would like to be able to copy all the pages from my wiki to a version
running on my laptop, that way I can modify content when I am offline.
What is the easiest way to do this? I saw this page:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/XML_import/export

Which pointed me to:

Special:Export

But it only seems to work for one page at a time. Or, more precisely, I
couldn't figure out how to tell it to do all the pages. It implies that
it can handle a list of pages, but I couldn't produce such a list
anywhere.

I tried producing a list of all the pages by using:

Special:Allpages

It gave me this:

Election 2004 to 學中文

But no list. Note, the second half of that is in Chinese, so your
e-mail client may not display it properly. It may also be why this is
not working. I think I basically need the Wiki to produce a plaintext
list of the names of all pages so that I can easily use the
export/import feature.

Any ideas?

Thanks

kerim