[Mediawiki-l] how to turn off the editing keys (e.g. control-E)?

dan kelley Dan.Kelley at Dal.Ca
Sat Jul 24 13:47:09 UTC 2004

Hi.  Is there a way to turn off the mediawiki interpretation of various
control-key sequences?

I ask because I am a lifelong Emacs user, and because my Mac OSX system
is set up to obey many emacs navigation commands.  So, when I'm
entering content, I am very likely to type
	control-E	to go to the start of a line
	control-P to go up one line
and, of course, this leads to all sorts of confusion while editing wiki
content.

Is there a flag I can set, to prevent the mediawiki site from
interpreting these control-key sequences?

Dan E. Kelley, Associate Professor                phone:(902)494-1694
Oceanography Department, Dalhousie University       fax:(902)494-2885
Halifax, Nova Scotia                         mailto:Dan.Kelley at Dal.CA
Canada B3H 4J1   http://www.phys.ocean.dal.ca/~kelley/Kelley_Dan.html