[Mediawiki-l] Re: Storing additional user data

Ashar Voultoiz thoane at altern.org
Sat Jul 24 13:20:46 UTC 2004

Nick Bell wrote:
> I'd like to store an additional item of data ("grade") for each user,
> and set things up so only administrators can change the item, and admins
> can view a table showing every user's grade.
>
> What do you think the easiest way of going about this is? I have written
> sites using PHP and MySQL before, but have never tinkered with MediaWiki!
>
> Many thanks for your help
>
> Nick

Hello,

I think the best way will be to make a special page like
SpecialGrades.php, restrict it to admins (see SpecialAsksql.php for an
example of restriction).

This special page would have a field asking for username (aka search
function) then clicking on a username will grab the grade of the user
and let admin change it (like /wiki/SpecialGrade.php?user=Someone

--
Ashar Voultoiz