[Mediawiki-l] Help with customizing MW 1.3

Jimmy Apple visoredgepro at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 23 18:06:00 UTC 2004

Hello,
Just upgraded to 1.3 b4 Mediawiki,
And still was looking for a place (if there is one) or
some help on how to customize the menus. I found the
.css files that I can control the look, but how do I
customize which menus appear?

For example, if I wanted to remove the "discussion"
option, can I do that?

Or if I wanted to integrate my own site's menu options
into the left sided menu?

Or remove the "Toolbox" on the left hand side?
Where can I make changes (or find documentation for
this)

And also, can I make pages editable ONLY by registered
users? Or protect all pages from editing?

Thank you

Jimmy