[Mediawiki-l] PEAR error

Rowan Collins rowan.collins at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 14:45:35 UTC 2004

> Thomas Rother wrote:
> > Hi,
> > does anyone know what this PEAR error means:
> >
> > [pear_error: message="failed to open stream: Permission denied" code=0
> > mode=return level=notice prefix="" info=""]
> >
> > I saw this with a fresh installation of 1.3 CVS (20.7.04)

Brion Vibber replied:
> Fix your temp dir.

Or try using the latest version of PHPTAL-NP-0.7.0/libs/PHPTAL.php
from CVS - I noticed that doing a cvs 'upgrade' from HEAD to REL1_3
made this error appear, and it seems that this is the file
responsible. I dropped the new one in place, and everything works
fine. Is there any reason this revision shouldn't be tagged REL1_3,
since this error seems to be catching out a lot of people.

Out of interest, the reason I was downgrading was that the current
HEAD version doesn't actually render internal links - they just
disappear. Rather worrying that one, I must say; anyone know why it
happened?

--
Rowan Collins BSc
[IMSoP]