[Mediawiki-l] Extending login cookie lifetime

Matias Pelenur mediawiki-l at matiaspelenur.com
Wed Jul 21 18:37:41 UTC 2004

Hi,
I've noticed that the login cookie does not last very long -- usually no more
than a day. I can see how for security reasons you may not want it to last
forever, but I'd like to extend its life a bit, maybe to a week or so.

I noticed that in include/DefaultSettings.php there is a line
  $wgCookieExpiration = 2592000;

which if it's in seconds would be 30 days. However my login cookie never gets
set for that long. Any ideas why that may be?

Thanks,
matias

PS: I know that be default the cookie is set so that if you set it at
seattlewiki.org it won't be sent for www.seattlewiki.org. However this behavior
happens even if I always use on or the other. I've also just now set the cookie
domain so that it works for both cases above.