[Mediawiki-l] how to disable the 'Go' facility?

Dan Kelley Dan.Kelley at Dal.Ca
Tue Jul 20 15:09:31 UTC 2004

My users find the "Go" button (monobook) confusing, probably because
the title above that box is "search".  In most cases, the "Search"
button is what folks want.

Q: is there a way to get rid of this "Go" button, or at least to make
the default action after pressing "return" be to do a "search", instead
of a "go"?

PS. I did some grepping in the .php files but didn't see where this was
controlled.  Plus, if there is a flag that I can set, rather than
hacking the .php files, then I'd like to do that, so that every time I
upgrade I don't have to re-hack the source.

Dan E. Kelley, Associate Professor                phone:(902)494-1694
Oceanography Department, Dalhousie University       fax:(902)494-2885
Halifax, Nova Scotia                         mailto:Dan.Kelley at Dal.CA
Canada B3H 4J1   http://www.phys.ocean.dal.ca/~kelley/Kelley_Dan.html