[Mediawiki-l] Upgrading from 1.26 to 1.3 - best way?

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Mon Jul 19 22:50:50 UTC 2004

dan kelley wrote:
> Right.  I also had to run the installer twice.  I hope the official
> release doesn't have this problem.  Indeed, I imagine folks on this list
> would be happy to try out a "beta5" or a "beta6", if doing so would help
> the official release to work more smoothly.

I haven't gotten a beta5 package out, but there are some additional
fixes in the 1.3 release branch in CVS. You can grab the latest like
this (on a Linux/Unix/alike system):

export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/wikipedia
cvs login
<hit enter>
cvs co -r REL1_3 phase3

(Terminology note: "phase 3" refers to the whole of MediaWiki since Lee
Crocker's rewrite in mid-2002; it doesn't refer to any particular version.)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)