[Mediawiki-l] Upgrading from 1.26 to 1.3 - best way?

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Mon Jul 19 18:12:14 UTC 2004

Thomas Rother wrote:
> I would not recommend using 1.3beta for an upgrade in a productive
> environment, at least not NOW. I tried the same and there are a number
> of unsolved issues for which I got no solution from the list. See thread
> "Re: [Mediawiki-l] Uppgrade problem 1.2.4 to 1.3.0beta3", dated 18.6,
> for details.
>
> Maybe it's better if you wait for the final 1.3 build. Does anyone know
> any schedule for the 1.3 final?

There is no particular schedule; at some point we'll declare it final.
Unfortunately I've been busy with other things lately and haven't had
the chance to just sit down for a couple days and try to reproduce all
these obscure installation bugs that don't happen on my system...

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)