[Mediawiki-l] [Fwd: PEAR error on install of 1.3beta4] - followup

John Ingleby john at coronet.co.uk
Sun Jul 18 17:12:26 UTC 2004

I just found the bug report 976568 on Sourceforge reporting this error
message:

[pear_error: message="failed to open stream: Operation not permitted"
code=0 mode=return level=notice prefix="" info=""]

Reading the bug report comments, I recall that we did experience a
problem (with another system) at our hosting when /tmp became full. This
was resolved by writing the logfile elsewhere.

So I tried changing PHPTAL-NP-0.7.0/libs/PHPTAL.php to replace line 72:

  define('PHPTAL_DEFAULT_CACHE_DIR', '/tmp/');

to point to a /tmp directory in our wiki file structure - but produced
the same pear_error message.

How can I ensure MediaWiki is using PHPTAL instead of the local
PEAR.php?

Thanks

John Ingleby
Webmaster - www.schoolforge.org.uk