[Mediawiki-l] 'Go' versus 'Search' buttons

Michelle mme2002 at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 6 04:16:15 UTC 2004

version:  1.3.0beta2

Sorry for the simple-minded question... It seems that in our
installation the Search button is behaving like a Go button.  In other
words, if an article exists with a title exactly matching the search
string, the user is taken to the article and not shown a list of text
string matches.  This isn't always what is wanted, of course.

We haven't modified any of the search default settings.  Is there
something we're doing wrong, or that needs to be configured?

Thanks,
Michelle