[Mediawiki-l] Database error after upgrading to beta4

Matias Pelenur mediawiki-l at matiaspelenur.com
Mon Jul 5 21:37:56 UTC 2004

Hi,
I recently upgraded from beta3 to beta4 using the CVS release tag
REL1_3_0beta4a.

I am now getting the following error whenever an edit is made; the edit
happens, but a row is not inserted into recentchanges:

-----------------------------
Database error
 From SeattleWiki
A database query syntax error has occurred. This could be because of an
illegal search query (see Searching SeattleWiki), or it may indicate a
bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

     INSERT INTO recentchanges
(rc_timestamp,rc_cur_time,rc_namespace,rc_title,rc_type,rc_minor,rc_cur_id,rc_user,rc_user_text,rc_comment,rc_this_oldid,rc_last_oldid,rc_bot,rc_moved_to_ns,rc_moved_to_title,rc_ip,rc_new)
VALUES
(20040705213538,20040705213538,2,'Matias',0,1,792,2,'Matias','test
post',0,173,0,0,'','',0)

from within function "RecentChange::save". MySQL returned error "1054:
Unknown column 'rc_ip' in 'field list'".

It looks like a new column was added in beta4 but the table schema
wasn't updated? Do I need to run a script to upgrade my tables?

Thanks,
Matias