[Mediawiki-l] Install MediaWiki on remote Webserver

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Thu Feb 26 19:09:58 UTC 2004

On Feb 26, 2004, at 08:21, Gerold Meisinger wrote:
> But I have a new problem. How do I administrate the Wiki? It seems
> there are two users called "WikiDeveloper" and "WikiSysop", but no
> user which I specified in the AdminSettings.php (whats that good for
> then?).

That's a MySQL user account used by the maintenance scripts. It needs
the ability to create, alter, and drop tables, which the MySQL user for
the regular wiki's web operation doesn't need.

>  What are the passwords for them?

Theoretically, they should be what you set as $wgDBadminpassword in
AdminSettings.php.

See also:
http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Setting_user_rights_in_MediaWiki

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)