[Mediawiki-l] 1.1.0 install chokes: MySQL privilege problems?

Calum Galleitch calum at callingthetune.co.uk
Sat Feb 14 20:29:12 UTC 2004

I'm trying to install 1.1.0 on a SuSE 8.1 default install (PHP 4.3.1, MySQL
3.23.55, Apache 1.3.27).  It creates the database, copies all (or lots of,
anyway) the files, and then falls apart trying to do this:

Query "GRANT ALL ON wikidb.* TO @'%' IDENTIFIED BY ''" failed.

I understand SQL as well as I understand Latin (not very well).  Assuming this
means it needs more permissions, I've been trying to get it to access the
database as root, and got no more joy.

I'm also getting (when I try off the wall ideas) lots of 'can't modify
headers, already sent them' type errors; I managed to find something in the
archives that suggested killing extraneous characters before and after <?php
?> would help, but it doesn't seem to.  Register globals is on, I think
that's all the obvious things covered.  Any bright ideas welcome :)

Many thanks,
C alum