[Mediawiki-l] Wikimedia Database Error

Denny Vrandecic denny at nodix.de
Fri Feb 13 20:43:04 UTC 2004

Hi,

I think I had the same problem once, and this is what Brion told me then:

On Jan 4, 2004, at 08:42, Denny Vrandecic wrote:
> aus der Funktion "". MySQL meldete den Fehler "1064: You have an error
> in
> your SQL syntax near 'linkscc FROM linkscc,brokenlinks WHERE
> lcc_pageid=bl_from AND bl_to='Hilfe'' at line 1".
> <<
>
> The action is performed, but I'd like to patch the error away...

Looks like a MySQL 3.x problem. The linkscc table is used to cache link
lookup data and speeds up page display a bit, but isn't actually
necessary. Things should work if you disable it...

Try putting this in your LocalSettings.php:
$wgEnablePersistentLC = false;

I'll see if we can detect this for the next version...

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

And it did help for me. Maybe it helps you too.

Best regards,
Denny