[Mediawiki-l] MediaWiki 1.1.0: Login Doesn't Stick

A Chan chanamy1 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 13 18:46:27 UTC 2004

Hi Folks,

Thanks for the advice so far on my login problem.

Fred Bauder wrote:
>This is an ongoing problem on most new installations
that I have had
>experience with. Basically you need to tell folks to
keep trying.

Does this mean that eventually the problem goes away,
or is it intermittent?
Would it be worthwhile to try rolling back to the
previous version mediawiki-20031118?

Erik Moeller wrote:
>Have you enabled the file cache ($wgUseFileCache) or
database messages
>($wgUseDatabaseMessages)? I had the same problem with
logins yesterday but
>it seems to have gone away after I disabled them.

Neither of these is enabled in my environment.  Would
have been nice to have an easy fix, though! :-)

-Amy