[Mediawiki-l] 1.4 beta Special Characters

Morten Blaabjerg crewscut at mail.dk
Sat Dec 25 20:46:48 UTC 2004

I would very much like to use that extension - where do I include the
CharInsert.php? - which files needs to be changed, for the <charinsert> tag to
work? - I tried putting the CharInsert.php into the 'extensions' folder, but
that alone didn't do the trick...?

Thanks in advance,
Morten :-)

Brion Vibber wrote:

> Raw HTML is being phased out from messages for security and robustness.
> I've whipped up an extension to generate the character inserter code:
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/wikipedia/extensions/CharInsert/
>
> See usage of it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Copyrightwarning
>
> > There is however no /style/wikibits.js in the beta 3 release, while in
> > the 1.3.8 the wikibits.js is found elsewhere, under the particular
> > stylesheet
>
> wikibits.js is now under skins/common, and it's already included by the
> page.
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Crews Cut Community
http://www.crewscut.com