[Mediawiki-l] problems with initial config/index.php

Joe Auty joe at netmusician.org
Fri Dec 24 06:45:22 UTC 2004

Hello,

I'm really anxious to get Mediawiki working, so I'm really hoping
somebody can help me here (as an early Christmas present =)

Setup:

FreeBSD 5.3
MediaWiki 1.3.9
MySQL 4.1.7
PHP 4.1.10
Apache 1.3.x

When I fill out the initial config information at config/index.php (SQL
server info, sysop account info, etc.) and submit, I get nothing but a
blank screen. I'm not seeing any error messages in my SQL error log, so
I'm having difficulty troubleshooting this problem.

I have setup the wikidb database and created the wikiuser granting this
user full access. My MySQL 4.1 setup works for all of my other
databases, and I can login as this user via the command line (no error
messages visible, I do know that MySQL 4.1 presented some
authentication hiccups).

What is the best way to go about troubleshooting this? Is this problem
related to MySQL 4.1 or something else?

Thanks SO much in advance!

----
Joe Auty
School of Journalism Webmaster
http://www.journalism.indiana.edu
Indiana University, Independent Major Program
http://www.netmusician.org
jauty at indiana.edu
joe at netmusician.org