[Mediawiki-l] Changing default preferences for users / enforcing default prefer ences

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Wed Dec 22 22:12:19 UTC 2004

On Dec 22, 2004, at 12:49 PM, Alistair Johnson wrote:
> I'd like to enforce preferences for my user base - for example the
> template used & the areas searched in (I need to include Images in the
> default search).

In 1.4 you can override the defaults in $wgDefaultUserOptions. This (or
the defaults in Language.php) will be used for those not logged in and
newly created accounts.

You cannot override users' actual settings unless you go through and
change them in the database or change the User code to discard certain
fields.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)