[Mediawiki-l] MySql 4.1 and MediaWiki Installion

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Wed Dec 22 22:08:54 UTC 2004

On Dec 22, 2004, at 10:25 AM, Projet OOQCB wrote:
> I got this while installing mediawiki :
[snip]
>    * MySQL error 1251: Client does not support authentication protocol
>      requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

a) Don't use MySQL 4.1 unless you know what you're doing.

b) If you know what you're doing, recompile PHP against the updated
client libraries. This is what the error message asked you to do.

c) If you don't want to do that, look up the documentation on MySQL's
web site which explains how to deal with this.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)