[Mediawiki-l] How to turn off numbering in table of contents liston pages with multiple headings

Mike Broschinsky mbroschi at utah.gov
Wed Dec 22 20:59:12 UTC 2004

Thanks, Matthew; this isn't exactly what I need, though.

"Auto-number headings" applies to the numbering of headings within the
body of the article (as I just discovered by enabling it). What I want
to be able to do is disable the auto numbering of table of contents
entries in the table of contents that appears at the *beginning* of the
article.

Thanks for your response, and good luck with your "returnto" question!

Mike

>>> Matthew.Simoneau at mathworks.com 12/22/04 1:42 PM >>>
> I want to be able to turn off the numbering that MediaWiki provides
for
> each tocline in the toc generated for each article with multiple
> headings.

"Auto-number headings" is a user option under "Preferences > Misc
settings", so you can easily turn it off for yourself.  I don't know
how
to change the default.

Good luck,
Matthew Simoneau

P.S.  I'm still looking for help with my "returnto" question:
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-l/2004-December/002734.htm