[Mediawiki-l] Changing default preferences for users / enforcing default prefer ences

Alistair Johnson JohnsonA at rembrandt.co.nz
Wed Dec 22 20:49:43 UTC 2004

I'd like to enforce preferences for my user base - for example the template
used & the areas searched in (I need to include Images in the default
search).

Is there a way of changing the default and/or changing preferences across
all the userbase?  I assume I could use a MySQL call to change the blob the
user settings are stored in for each user.  Is there a data dictionary for
the database?

al.

Alistair Johnson
IT Manager