[Mediawiki-l] How to turn off numbering in table of contents list on pages with multiple headings

Mike Broschinsky mbroschi at utah.gov
Wed Dec 22 19:34:57 UTC 2004

I want to be able to turn off the numbering that MediaWiki provides for
each tocline in the toc generated for each article with multiple
headings.

I have found the function (I think) in parser.php that takes care of
the numbering, but being nonconversant in PHP find myself unwilling to
make changes there. I imagine there must be some flag I can set in
LocalSettings.php that would do this, but I can't seem to find where it
might be in the documentation.

Is there a way I can do this, without hacking parser.php?

Thanks,

Mike