[Mediawiki-l] Can I edit the upload file page? or editing special pages

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 22:49:54 UTC 2004

I'm  a fairly new  MediaWiki user. I just converted one of my wikis
over from TWiki. I'm running 1.3.8.  I've run into something which I
haven't been able to figure out myself via the docs and googling.

I'd like to customize the Upload file special page. to give some more
help and advice to my users. Is there a way to do this, preferably
without PHP coding?

Even if I can't change the page, if I click on the image use policy
link I get a "No such special page" in response.  Can anyone point to
were I can go to figure out how to fix this?