[Mediawiki-l] move upload directory into database

Jared Nyland jnyland at novell.com
Wed Dec 15 14:52:08 UTC 2004

Brion,
Great that answers my question

Thanks for you help
Jared

>>> brion at pobox.com 12/15/2004 1:20 AM >>>
On Dec 14, 2004, at 8:47 PM, Jared Nyland wrote:
> I was wondering if there is away to move the upload directory into
the
> database or if anyone has tried this with some information?

First, what do you mean by this? Two possibilities I can think of:
* Store uploaded files in a blob field in a database table, instead of

as files
* Scan a directory tree full of uploaded files to reconstruct the
'image' and 'oldimage' table entries.

The answer to either is that it could be done, if someone (perhaps you)

were to write the necessary code. But there is no such code currently.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)