[Mediawiki-l] Wiki2static troubleshooting

Baeckeroot alain al2.baeckeroot at laposte.net
Thu Dec 9 18:26:33 UTC 2004

Le Vendredi 3 Décembre 2004 16:00, Plamen Gradinarov a écrit :

> I'd like to, especially in the face of the fact that after 15 hours of
> intensive indexing, the disk with all server databases collapsed (there was
> nothing else on it, only the mysql db files - about 15 GB used out of 120
> GB).

I had a _big_ speed improvement by disabling my misconfigured DNS cache <:o)

it seems there is name resolution/check somewhere in wiki2static, but i can't
find WHERE, and i don't understand WHY , considering i said 0 for media and tex and
everyhing else, just keeping in-database text !

It takes 5 to 8 minutes to "wiki2static" the 240 MB text french table
with no links for images or tex, and keep the DB in RAM (nice speed improvement :)
 mysqldump --opt wikifr cur > ../innofr3.sql
 /usr/bin/perl ./abwiki2static.pl --media=0 --tex=0 --keepmem --all ../innofr3.sql

The resulting static pages are good, if the orginal wikipage is simple,
and they are lack entire parts when the original page is somewhat complicated:
Especially with included "sub-pages" , i don't know the name table? frame ?,
for those rectangular area with an example or list or comments .... )

Also it seems that the text _before_ the page_TOC disappears !
The page "Avignon" (n°1) in the fr.wikipedia is a good example of what goes
wrong !!!!

my 2 cents
alain