[Mediawiki-l] Can't get mediawiki to work on port 8080

Steve Holly steve at attainablesolutions.com
Tue Dec 7 13:59:45 UTC 2004

All,

I am trying to setup a wiki using mediawiki on a web server working off
port 8080.  I go through the install script and when I submit the
information, I never get confirmation that install confirmed, just a blank
page and the browser reporting "done".  No LocalSettings.php file is
created.  I then run the script again and get the same blank page but the
LocalSettings.php is there.  So, I copy it to the base directory and try
browsing to the wiki at http://www2.sweetwtaersea.com:8080/brownspedia/
and get a response error.

If I set my Apache to listen to port 80, and do the same install,
everything works fine.  I've tried manually adding :8080 to the
wgScriptpath ($wgScritPath = :8080/brownspedia) and I get some funky
results if it works at all.

Any ideas on how I can get mediawiki to work using port 8080 on my Apache
server?

Thanks,

Steve