[Mediawiki-l] WYSIWYG editor for MediaWiki

Andrew Reberry wiki at hdtvpub.com
Tue Dec 7 03:42:06 UTC 2004

I can't answer your question directly as for WYSIWYG editors, but I can tell
you Wiki markup really is not too hard to develop.  I can only imagine that
it is easier to use wikimarkup then it is to work with a WYSIWYG editor.
Here is a page describing some of what you were wondering:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WYSIWYG_editor

More or less, linking, lists, line breaks are fairly straight forward in my
opinion.  Here is a general overview of how you can edit pages:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:How_to_edit_a_page

I could only assume that it would not be more than a couple hours to learn
the basics of wiki markup.  Here is more info on creating tables in wiki
markup:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wiki_markup_tables

Andrew