[Mediawiki-l] Mediawiki extension API

Jamie Bliss astronouth7303 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 00:19:19 UTC 2004

I realized I didn't answer your other questions.

An <iframe> is not handled by the MediaWiki software, it is handled by
the browser. So you write a PHP script to handle the seperate page
(and output some HTTP headers to turn off caching) and reference that
in an <iframe>.

When I mean hard-code the html, I mean what is ouputted by the
extension. Meaning that someone can not place a random page (with,
say, an applet or script to hose your computer or make a thousand
popups appear). That is entirely for security.