[Mediawiki-l] admin can't log in; something's messed up

Jamie Bliss astronouth7303 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 20:12:17 UTC 2004

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 23:53:15 -0700, Sterling D. Allan
<sterlingda at pureenergysystems.com> wrote:

> Perhaps the problem came when I was visiting a site that uses Java
> (www.planetark.com).  What usually happens is that when I get to the site,
> as the Java script loads the browser closed down.  americananatigravity.com
> is another site that I've not been able to access.
>
> I've found, though, that with planetark.com that I could hit the "stop"
> button on my browser as the page is loading, to keep the Java code from
> installing, and the browser will not close out on me.
>
> Tonight I had some problems doing that.

My version of IE6 (6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633) closes w/o an
error whenever there is a java applet or if there are certain scripts.
I don't know why, I've just turned off applets in Maxthon. But
MediaWiki has never proved to be a problem in this regard.

-- Jamie