[Mediawiki-l] Upgrade to 1.4-beta0

Jure Spik webdesign at carpediem.si
Mon Dec 6 18:17:47 UTC 2004

Hi, I've run the upgrade to 1.4 (fresh from CVS) but this crept up:
*
Fatal error*: Call to undefined function: setbufferresults() in
*C:\web\wiki\maintenance\convertLinks.inc* on line *71*

I've managed to use the localsettings.php despite the fatal error - from
a blank install, and the old content seems to be working, except the
"what's linked here" which requires to update the linking page.

What I'm asking is, is this the only problem that will be if I don't dig
in it, or should I rather use the old version ? What I've tried so far
seems to work.

Thank you in advance, Jure Špik

FYI:

    Checking environment...

    * PHP 4.3.9: ok
    * PHP server API is apache2handler; ok, using pretty URLs
      (index.php/Page_Title)
    * Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
    * PHP is configured with no memory_limit.
    * Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
    * Turck MMCache <http://turck-mmcache.sourceforge.net/> not
      installed, can't use object caching functions
    * Couldn't find GD library or ImageMagick; image thumbnailing disabled.
    * Installation directory: C:\web\wiki
    * Script URI path: http://webdev **please ignore, it doesn't matter**
    * Warning: $wgProxyKey is insecure
    * Connected as root (automatic)
    * Connected to database... 4.1.7-nt; enabling MySQL 4 enhancements
    * Warning: $wgProxyKey is insecure
    * Database wiki exists
    * There are already MediaWiki tables in this database. Checking if
      updates are needed...
    * DB user account ok

...linkscc table already exists.
...hitcounter table already exists.
...querycache table already exists.
...objectcache table already exists.
...categorylinks table already exists.
...logging table already exists.
...user_rights table already exists.
...user_groups table already exists.
...have ipb_id field in ipblocks table.
...have ipb_expiry field in ipblocks table.
...have rc_type field in recentchanges table.
...have rc_ip field in recentchanges table.
...have rc_id field in recentchanges table.
...have rc_patrolled field in recentchanges table.
...have user_real_name field in user table.
...have user_token field in user table.
...have ur_user field in user_rights table.
...have group_rights field in group table.
...group definitions already in place.
Fixing sysops group permissions... ok
...already have interwiki table
...indexes seem up to 20031107 standards
...linkscc is up to date, or does not exist. Good.
Converting links table to ID-ID...